You are at risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) and should stay at home.

Please self-isolate for the full period advised by your isolation countdown tracker to protect others, even if your symptoms improve, or you have no symptoms. As many as 1 in 3 people with coronavirus have no symptoms. Staying at home will protect your friends, family, and the NHS. Read more about how the app calculates how long you should self-isolate.

There is a lot of information to help you during this period. Find Local Authority and Council support in your area (for example, food and prescription deliveries).

You should not leave home if you’re self-isolating.

  • Do not go to your work, school, GP surgery, hospital, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis

  • Do not go out to get food and medicine - order it online or by phone, or ask someone to bring it to your home

  • Do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family, except for people providing essential care

  • Do not go out to exercise - exercise at home or in your garden

In England, contact the NHS volunteer responder service if there are no friends and family nearby who can help, by calling 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week). This number is free from any phone. NHS volunteers are people in your community who have offered to help by picking up groceries, collecting prescriptions, and talking to you if you need support. Read more information online.

In Wales, use the following site from the Welsh government to find out what help you can get if you’re affected by coronavirus

If you cannot work from home, you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay. If you need evidence for your employer, you can download a letter from the Isolation Note Service.

We know that self-isolation can be hard. Thank you for preventing the spread of coronavirus. If you have questions about how the advice applies to you, or are struggling with self-isolation, please call 111.

There is more information available specific to where you live.

If you live in England:

If you live in Wales:

You can view more information about what to do if: